8 December 2004
42. Tactical Formation Maneuvers
● Begins when flight
● Accomplishes mission IAW mission
brief and LL/TF FTI; demonstrates
a working knowledge of procedures
● Ends when the
● Maneuvers to combat cruise and
formation returns to
combat spread positions safely.
● Demonstrates ability to make
proper considerations when
transitioning to LZ.
43. Formation Navigation
● Begins when the
● Accomplishes mission IAW LL/TF
FTI and Tactical Formation Ground
maneuvered to enter
the low-level route.
● Navigates primarily by prepared
low-level chart; arrives at brief
● Ends with aircraft
with a neat and chummed chart.
● Applies accepted techniques to
correct course and timing
deviations; directs aircraft to
turnpoints, drop zone, and
44. Fuel Management
● Maintains fuel
● Monitors fuel status on deck at
intended point of landing.
● Adjusts course or destination in
order to satisfy applicable
● Keeps track of fuel
for all formation
● As lead keeps track of Dash-2's
fuel state with appropriate fuel
checks performed IAW FTI and local
● As Dash-2 ensures lead is aware
of fuel state through compliance
with fuel checks performed IAW FTI
and local standards.