8 December 2004
4. Execution. The maneuver item file (MIF) regulates student
progression to meet required standards prior to phase
completion. Instructor pilots shall evaluate student
performance against these standards.
5. Job Tasks. Specific performance and standards required are
described as follows:
● A brief description
● The specific standards for the
of the behavior,
action. May be read as "The
6. Graded Items. The maneuver item file (MIF) for specific
graded items varies for each stage. Several items are graded on
all complete syllabus events. The standards for these
universally graded items are listed first.
Course Training Standards
1. General Knowledge/Procedures
● Maintain working
● Recites, discusses, and/or
knowledge of all
performs all applicable items
essential to the operation of the
2. Emergency Procedures
● Correctly analyzes situation.
● Maintain in-depth
knowledge of NATOPS
● Performs/recites critical action
steps from memory.
● Uses checklist when conditions
● Completes procedures in a timely