10 October 2000
(1) Overall review of the event plan in chronological
order, citing completion, omissions and deletions of prerequisite
(2) Accomplishment of learning objectives.
(3) Specific comments on above average (AA), below
average (BA) and unsatisfactory (UNSAT) performance. Discussion
should focus on causes, as well as effects of performance.
c. Designated Flight Leader. For all multi-plane flights
involving two or more flight instructors, the designated flight
leader will be responsible for compliance with OPNAVINST 3710.7R
and with the provisions of paragraph above. In all appropriate
cases the designated instructor shall retain the formation leader
status as defined by OPNAVINST 3710.7R.
IUTs may brief late stage flights.
Jet Transition and Basic Instructor Qualification
(1) The IUT's working day from first scheduled event
until completion of the last event of the day (including
associated paperwork and debrief) shall not exceed 12 hours.
(2) A minimum of 12 hours shall elapse between the
conclusion of the IUT's last scheduled event of the day
(including associated debrief) and his/her first scheduled event
of the following day.
(3) The maximum workweek is 6 days followed by 1 day off,
except as waived in writing by the Training Air Wing (TRAWING)
(4) All night flights shall take off no earlier than 30
minutes past official sunset.
(5) A maximum of two flights or three cross-country legs
may be scheduled in one day.
(6) 1.5 hours of night time and three night instrument
approaches shall be accumulated prior to the IUT AN-03X. (These
requirements must be met during aircraft flights.)
b. Advanced Instructor Qualification. Schedule limitations
of the workday and workweek shall be in accordance with local