11 Apr 06
(3) Instrument warmups shall be conducted in the aircraft
if the student's next event is an aircraft event and in the
simulator if the student's next event is a simulator event.
(4) All warmup flights (between stages, modules, or other
circumstances) are flown as the event deemed most consistent with
the procedures and maneuvers needing review.
(5) For delays greater than 14 days, refer to CNATRAINST
Optional warmup: 6-13 days
Mandatory warmup: Greater than or equal to 14 days
(1) Check flights will be noted as such on the student's
(2) Extra time flight and simulator instruction shall be
governed by the limits prescribed in CNATRAINST 1500.4F.
(3) Instrument Rating. Students will receive training in
instrument flight necessary to qualify for a standard instrument
rating in accordance with OPNAVINST 3710.7T. The expiration date
of the instrument rating/qualification will be the last day of
the month the evaluation was completed plus one year.
d. Aviation Training Jacket Reviews.
Jacket reviews are
required prior to each check flight.
Instructor Assignment (Designations)
(1) Each student will have a primary and secondary flight
instructor designated prior to FAM-08. Not more than two off-
wing instructor events will be flown prior to the FAM solo
(2) FAM-17X shall not be flown with primary or secondary
7. Waiving Flights or Simulator Events. The flights and
simulator events listed in this curriculum are the minimum to be
completed by each student. If a student successfully completes
all syllabus flights with less than the required 93.9 flight
hours, his Training Squadron Commanding Officer may request a
waiver of flight time to graduate from CNATRA (N7) via the
TRAWING Commander. Flight or simulator events may not be waived
unless authorized in this curriculum or authorized in writing by