10 March 2003
(4) All warm-up flights (between stages, modules, or
other circumstances) are flown as the event deemed most
consistent with the procedures and maneuvers needing review.
(1) Check flights will be noted as such on the student's
(2) Extra time flight and simulator instruction shall be
governed by the limits prescribed in CNATRAINST 1500.4F.
(3) Instrument Rating. Students will receive training
in instrument flight necessary to qualify for a Standard
Instrument Rating in accordance with OPNAVINST 3710.7S. The
expiration date of the instrument rating/qualification will be
the last day of the month the evaluation was completed plus 1
d. Aviation Training Jacket (ATJ) Reviews.
are required prior to each check flight.
Instructor Assignment (Designations)
(1) Each student will have a primary and secondary flight
instructor designated prior to FAM-05. Not more than two
off-wing instructor events will be flown prior to the FAM solo
(2) FAM-14X shall not be flown with primary or secondary
7. Waiving Flights or Simulator Events. The flights and
simulator events listed in this curriculum are the minimum to be
completed by each student. If a student successfully completes
all syllabus flights with less than the required 93.9 flight
hours, his training squadron commanding officer may request a
waiver of flight time to graduate from CNATRA (N3) via the
TRAWING commander. Flight or simulator events may not be waived
unless authorized in this curriculum or authorized in writing by
8. Incomplete Flight Events. Incomplete events may be completed
during the following event, if time and fuel are available. On a
flight completing a previously incomplete event, only the omitted
items should be performed and graded. HEADWORK, PROCEDURES, and
BASIC AIRWORK shall be graded only on the flight comprising the
majority of the event, unless circumstances dictate otherwise.