10 March 2003
(1) Complete 7.5 hours of front seat night time prior to
(2) 15.0 hours total solo time before completion.
(3) 93.9 hours of flight time before completion.
(4) One of the following flights must be flown at night:
AN-07, AN-08, AN-09, or AN-10.
(5) CQ Phase II - ten carrier-arrested landings and four
touch and goes.
4. Flight Standardization. All simulator and flight events
outlined herein shall be conducted in accordance with the current
CNATRA flight training instructions (FTIs) and the T-45A NATOPS
5. Solo Restrictions. Solo students are specifically prohibited
from intentionally performing spins, accelerated stalls, unusual
attitudes, approach turn stalls, and vertical recoveries. Night
solo flights require an operating radar altimeter.
Aviation Training Forms (ATFs)
(1) A CNATRA ATF will be completed for each curriculum
flight or simulator event. All items graded unsatisfactory,
below average, or above average shall be commented upon in the
(2) ATFs shall be graded the same day the event was
(3) Flights requiring dual touch-and-go landings shall
include remarks on landing performance using notation format
listed in the LSO NATOPS.
(4) Curriculum flights flown single-aircraft solo will
be graded for "Headwork" only unless circumstances dictate
assignment of other grades.
(5) Instructors omitting items from a flight called for
in the curriculum shall note the reason for the omission in the
remarks section and make the appropriate notation in the grade
column (per paragraph 13, i.e., DND, NA...).
(6) On multi-plane flights, items completed but
unobserved shall not be graded by the flight leader.