05 April 2004
3. Ground Training and Briefing Requirements - Mission
Preparation, Briefings, and Debriefings
a. End of Block (EOB) sorties. The SI shall carefully
review the Aviation Training Summary (ATS) in planning the EOB
sortie to ensure the profile includes opportunities to reach MIF
on all critical items and optional items attempted in the block.
The IUT shall arrive for each flight with:
(1) Thorough knowledge of:
(a) The flight's discuss items, as listed in
Chapters II, IV, and V.
(b) Procedural knowledge of the critical items for
the sortie's training block.
(2) A flight profile tailored to training requirements,
(3) The latest ATS for the stage.
Thoroughly cover the mission's:
(1) Specific objectives.
(2) Techniques and required procedures for accomplishing
(3) Planned profile, contingencies, and Operational Risk
(1) After each sortie, the SI shall critique the IUT's
performance using cause/effect analysis, particularly with
respect to the CTS.
(2) The mission's complexity and IUT's progress will
govern the time required for the debrief.
(3) The SI shall provide the IUT with a new ATS, and may
provide a copy of the sortie's ITF.
Mission Grading Procedures and Evaluation Policies
a. General Evaluation Policy. Course Training Standards
(CTSs) listed in this instruction and the Maneuver Item Files
(MIFs) are minimum stage completion standards per maneuver.
CTSs/MIFs are designed to allow for minimum performance in a