27 June 2002
8500/5 30-degree pattern
6500/5 20-degree pattern
3000/5 10-degree pattern
Notes (1) and (3)
OPNAV 3710.7S Wx mins for high
work. Notes (1), (3)
Engagement Wx directed by
CNATRA Training Rules. Notes
Wx as outlined in CARQUAL
(1) Student solo flights shall maintain VFR at all
times prior to receiving an instrument rating.
(2) NFAM route requires visual contact with the
ground, at least 5 miles visibility, and shall
be flown below any existing ceiling.
(3) Student solo flights may be launched with weather
between 500/2 and 1000/3 with the expressed
consent of the squadron commanding officer.
authority cannot be delegated.
(4) At least two events from FORM-03 through FORM-07
and one event from FORM-19 to FORM-22X shall
require local weather adequate for takeoff
rendezvous and formation break at the
(5) FAM-17X shall be flown with visual reference to
12. Flight/Simulator Interchangeability. Flight and simulator
events may not be interchanged without approval of the Chief of
Naval Air Training.
13. Definitions. The following terms and symbols found in the
curriculum will be applied to flight instruction as defined
Quiz the student on the applicable
procedures, systems or maneuvers.