27 June 2002
(3) Demonstrate ability to integrate communication, mutual
support, and flight leadership tasks in a dynamic, three-
dimensional maneuvering exercise, solo without compromising
aircraft control and safety.
M. Air Combat Maneuvering.
After this stage, the student will
be able to:
(1) Demonstrate a basic knowledge of energy management,
maneuverability, and "loose deuce" tactics.
(2) Control the aircraft throughout the majority of the
operating envelope as a solo pilot.
(3) Perform one-versus-one offensive and defensive maneuvers
and two-versus-one mutual support tactics.
(4) Demonstrate communication, mutual support, and
without degrading aircraft control and safety, as solo day VMC.
Field Carrier Landing Practice (FCLP)/Carrier Qualification.
After these stages, the student will be able to:
(1) Conduct solo, day/night, visual Field Carrier Landing
Practice (FCLP) in a safe, professional manner.
(2) Conduct solo, day, visual shipboard operations,
including launch from shore base, transit, conduct landings on
the designated carrier, taxi on deck, catapult, and return to
shore base in a safe, professional manner.