2 December 1998
12. Instructor Assignment. IUTs will be instructed by the
TRAWING TWO ITU or training squadron instructors qualified to
instruct IUTs in the stage.
13. Designated Flight Leader. For all multi-plane flights
involving two or more flight instructors, the designated flight
leader will be responsible for compliance with OPNAVINST 3710.7Q
and the provisions of paragraph 6 above. In all appropriate
cases, the designated instructor shall retain the formation
leader status as defined by OPNAVINST 3710.7Q paragraphs 3.5.2
14. Acrobatic Maneuvers. Acrobatic maneuvers shall be conducted
in accordance with OPNAVINST 3710.7Q.
15. Night Solo Flights.
Night solo flights require an operating
16. Warm-up Flights. Warm-up flights shall be given as
necessary to regain flight proficiency after prolonged delays in
training at the discretion of the COMTRAWING TWO/commanding
17. Extra Time Events. Extra time flight and simulator
instruction shall be given at the discretion of the COMTRAWING
18. Modifying Instructor Training Curriculum. The T-45A
instructor training curriculum was developed to provide the
average fleet tactical aviator with the skills necessary to
become an effective flight instructor. Modifications to this
curriculum may be necessary to individualize the training needs
of non-tactical aviators, aviators returning from non-flying
billets, or others lacking the skills required to successfully
complete an IUT stage.
19. Definitions. The following terms and symbols found in the
curriculum will be applied to flight instruction as defined
Quiz the IUT on the applicable
procedures, systems, or maneuvers.
Responsible for knowledge of the
procedures prior to briefing.
Graded and labeled "E" in the ID
column on the ITF.