08 April 2004
regularly scheduled curriculum event is solo, the student shall
be awarded a warm-up of the last completed dual event.
(3) Instrument warm-ups shall be conducted in the
aircraft if the student's next event is an aircraft event and in
the simulator if the student's next event is a simulator event.
(4) All warm-up flights (between stages, modules, or
other circumstances) are flown as the event deemed most
consistent with the procedures and maneuvers needing review.
(1) Check flights will be noted as such on the student's
(2) Extra time flight and simulator instruction shall be
governed by the limits prescribed in CNATRAINST 1500.4F.
(3) Instrument Rating. Students will receive training
in instrument flight necessary to qualify for a Standard
Instrument Rating in accordance with OPNAVINST 3710.7S. The
expiration date of the instrument rating/qualification will be
the last day of the month the evaluation was completed plus 1
d. Aviation Training Jacket (ATJ) Reviews. Jacket reviews
are required prior to each check flight.
Instructor Assignment (Designations)
(1) Each student will have a primary and secondary
flight instructor designated prior to FAM-08. Not more than two
off-wing instructor events will be flown prior to FAM solo
(2) FAM-17X shall not be flown with primary or secondary
7. Waiving Events. The flights and simulator events listed in
this curriculum are the minimum to be completed by each student.
If a student successfully completes all syllabus flights with
less than the required 157.5 flight hours, his training squadron
commanding officer may request a waiver of flight time to
graduate from CNATRA (N3) via the TRAWING commander. Flight or
simulator events may not be waived unless authorized in this
curriculum or authorized in writing by CNATRA (N3).
8. Incomplete Flights. Incomplete events may be completed
during the following event if time and fuel are available. On a
flight completing a previously incomplete event, only the omitted