09 May 1996
this training requirement, a complete set of current lesson topic
guides for the material for which he/she will be responsible will
be issued. The instructor will be given the opportunity to
review the assigned area of instruction and observe presentation
of the material at least once, in order to personalize his/her
a. Prior to being technically certified by the senior
instructor, each instructor shall:
(1) Have the annotated instructor guide reviewed and
approved by the senior instructor for technical accuracy.
(2) Be assigned to instruct with a certified instructor
present. When the certified instructor is satisfied that the new
instructor is ready, the certification procedure shall be
b. To certify a new instructor, the following procedure is
(1) Senior instructor makes a technical evaluation of new
instructor's performance each month for five months.
(2) A CISO instructor evaluation is scheduled and
completed with a minimum rating of SATISFACTORY on the sixth
(3) After a satisfactory evaluation, the instructor is
certified and fully qualified to teach.
(4) Once certified, instructors are evaluated quarterly
by the senior instructor and annually by the CISO.
(5) Special evaluations are conducted on the
recommendation of the senior instructor.
(6) Cross-training requires both a technical evaluation
by the senior instructor and a SATISFACTORY evaluation by CISO.
10. Professional Conduct. All students and instructors will
conduct themselves in a highly professional manner. Fraterniza-
tion between staff and student personnel is strictly prohibited.