14 JUNE 1999
2. JREF/NATOPS Stage Objectives. Complete refresher training
necessary to satisfactorily complete a NATOPS check flight in
a. NATOPS Evaluation. After this training, the Designated
Naval Aviator Jet Refresher Trainee (JREF) will demonstrate
renewed competency in controlling the aircraft utilizing normal
and emergency systems during instrument and formation flight in
the T-45A aircraft. Specifically, training will include:
(1) Basic Instruments. Refresh competency in
controlling the aircraft without visual references utilizing the
characteristics, theory, and operations of flight
(2) Aircrew Familiarization. Refresh competency in
controlling the aircraft utilizing normal and emergency systems
in rudimentary flight maneuvers and landings.
Refresh competency in basic formation
(4) Radio Instruments. Refresh competency in operating
the aircraft in the high and low IFR environments utilizing
instruments, navigation equipment, and communication equipment.
(5) Airways Navigation. Refresh competency in planning a
flight terminating away from home base utilizing the high
altitude jet structure.
(6) Night Familiarization. Refresh competency in
operating the aircraft in normal and emergency modes at night in
the following evolution: start, taxi, takeoff, enroute
navigation, and landing.
b. Other stage training objectives may be provided based on
specific training needs of the individual JREF.