CNATRAINST 1500.4F CH-5
8 March 2005
(3) Progress reports shall be made when appropriate and
shall include a final report indicating the date the IMS is
returned to duty.
f. IMS Trainee Failure/Discrepancy/ECD Change Report. The IMS
Trainee Failure/Deficiency/ECD Change Report, RCS OPNAV 4950-13
- see Appendix B, example 8, is the format utilized most often
to advise CNATRA of IMS difficulties, deficiencies or any other
This format identifies the student in detail, offers a progress
evaluation and includes a discussion paragraph for general
comments. When a CLO is assigned, an entry shall be made in
paragraph H stating "CLO comments ..." or "CLO has no comments."
The subject line is not restricted to "IMS trainee failure
report" but may be modified to accurately reflect the contents
of the report as long as "OPNAV 4950-13" is included in the
subject line. The report shall be submitted, by naval message
or email, to CNATRA, information NETSAFA and NAVAVSCOLSCOM (and
NITC OIC for RSNF IMSs), under the following circumstances:
(1) Academic and/or flight difficulties result in changing
(2) Medical problems as outlined in paragraph 503d(1)
(3) Any disciplinary occurrence in the NATRACOM which would
result in a summary court-martial for U.S. personnel.
(4) The third and all subsequent no-shows for any scheduled
curriculum event. No-shows are cumulative while assigned to
NATRACOM and shall not be disregarded with phase changes.
(5) All PRBs or TRBs as applicable.
507. INFORMATIONAL PROGRAM (IP). The Informational Program is
intended to complement IMSs' formal training courses while in
the United States through exposure to the non-military aspects
of American life. Guidance is published in SECNAVINST 4950.4A
and CNETINST 4950.2J. IP funds are administered and authorized