18 May 1999
beginning with the GENERAL or GEN COMMENT, and continue on the
back side, if required, in such a manner that they can be read by
lifting the bottom on the ATF while attached to the ATJ. Use
supplemental ATFs for additional pages.
(4) FLIGHT TIME LOG Section. Cumulative totals for
flight log information may be left blank.
Mark as appropriate.
(6) STAGE. If more than one stage is preprinted, circle
the correct one and black out the others.
All events must have one of these blocks
(8) SAFE-FOR-SOLO/UNSAFE-FOR-SOLO. One of these boxes
must be filled in on safe-for-solo check events.
(9) COMPLETE/INCOMPLETE. One of these boxes must be
filled in on all events. All incomplete events require a
statement in the comments section as to the reason for lack of
(10) INSTRUCTOR'S SIGNATURE. This is left blank on solo
events unless the squadron requires the FDO or other designated
person to review and initial solo ATFs. This space shall be
signed by the Weather Safety Pilot (shotgunned event) if they
flew the event with the student.
(11) INSTRUCTOR'S NAME. Print the instructor's name if
dual. On solo flights, insert the Weather Safety Pilot's name,
if applicable; otherwise, print "SOLO".
b. Any unsatisfactory event requires the instructor to
indicate in the comments section whether "further training is/is
not warranted". Additionally, a stamp reading "further training
is/is not warranted" shall be affixed to the ATF by Student
Control. If further training is warranted, the instructor shall
state a recommendation as to the nature and amount of training
required to bring the student's proficiency to satisfactory
c. When a dangerous tendency is noted, the ATF will be
stamped accordingly and a complete description of the tendency
will be provided.
d. The following stamps are authorized for use on ATFs and
shall be stamped in the comments section unless otherwise
(1) Extra time (stamped in "cumulative stage total" box)
(2) Warmup (stamped in "cumulative stage total" box)