CNATRAINST 1500.4F CH-1
17 NOVEMBER 1999
emergency procedures on all warm-up events. Flagrant safety or
flight rule violations, unsatisfactory procedural knowledge, or
grossly unsafe performance that is not delay related on a warm-up
event shall be marked unsatisfactory, and will be considered an
unsatisfactory event per paragraph 708 and chapter VIII.
f. All warm-up events (between stages, phases, modules, or
other circumstances) shall be recorded in the aviation training
jacket (ATJ) with an aviation training form (ATF) for the event
deemed most consistent with the procedures reviewed.
g. The instructor is required to state on the ATF the
reason(s) for awarding the warm-up event.
604. CHANGE OF INSTRUCTORS. Changes of a student's regularly
assigned instructor may be made subject to the following
a. Change of instructors or scheduling a student with other
than a regularly assigned instructor is held to the minimum
extent possible, and in certain stages is governed by the
A student's instructor may be changed when:
(1) Progress Review Board (PRB) action warrants it.
(2) Appropriate authority, after reviewing the student's
ATJ, deems it appropriate.
(3) The operations officer determines that the student-
instructor load is such that a load adjustment is necessary.
(4) The student's regularly assigned instructor is
unavailable for 1 week or at the discretion of the operations
A change of instructor is required when:
(1) A student has received two downs in the same stage.
(2) The student requests the change.
(3) The instructor requests the change.
(4) Directed by PRB action.
(5) Directed by higher authority.
All changes of instructors shall be entered on the ATF.
e. Capricious or flagrant abuse of the privilege to change
instructors by a student in an attempt to obscure, mitigate, or
excuse substandard performance, or as a means of gaining