CNATRAINST 1500.4F CH-5
8 March 2005
g. If a formal attrition is requested, the CO, NAVAVSCOLSCOM
or the TRAWING commander shall initiate the action in a standard
naval letter to the Navy International Program Office (NIPO),
via CNATRA, and NETSAFA. The letter shall include:
(1) The IMS' rank, name (first, middle, last), FIN, country
and service, and ITO number;
(2) Course Title/Identification Number (CIN) and duration
(3) A detailed description of the student's problems that
lead to the recommendation for attrition;
(4) Squadron, stage and phase of training, hours by type of
aircraft and type of simulator, total flight hours, number of
weeks in present phase of training.
(5) Academic and flight NSS/PAS (indicate if incomplete);
language proficiency, and attitude;
(7) And, recommended disposition.
h. In the case of a formal attrition, the student's ATJ will
be closed-out and all pertinent documentation included in the
ATJ. The ATJ shall be forwarded to CNATRA with the
recommendation to attrite.
i. Navy International Program Office (NIPO) is the final
attrition authority for all IMSs.
505. CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION. CNATRA is not authorized to
designate any IMS as a naval aviator or naval flight officer.
Upon successful completion of a formal course of instruction,
each IMS shall be issued the appropriate certificate of
completion (CNATRA 1210/12 or CNATRA 1210/15). "Wings of Gold"
may be symbolically presented, but shall not in any way be
construed as a designation as a U.S. Naval Aviator or Naval
Flight Officer. The wearing of "Wings of Gold" by an
international military aviator that has completed a formal naval
aviation course is governed by their country's service uniform
a. ITOs. Upon arrival of an IMS in the NATRACOM, the
receiving activity IMSO shall forward to CNATRA (N318) a copy of
the IMSs ITO in accordance with paragraph 503a.
SAN Website Status Reports
(1) Arrival/Commencements Report. Shall be sent using the
SAN website. A report should be sent when the student actually