T-45C TS, ADV & IUT ENG-18
OBOGS failure 18.104.22.168.3.1
1. OBOGS Pneumatic BIT failure
NOTE: The BIT should illuminate the OXYGEN warning light.
After the test, the light should go out.
WARNING: Testing the OBOGS above 9000 ft MSL shuts
down the OBOGS.
2. In flight
a. MASTER ALERT flashes
b. Warning tone sounds in headset
OXYGEN warning light illuminates
1. Low concentration (OXYGEN light illuminated)
2. Overtemperature (OXYGEN light illuminated)
a. Temperature exceeds 250 degrees F
C. Effects on flight safety
1. Cabin altitude restricted to 10,000 ft MSL or below anytime
supplemental oxygen is not available
2. Required decrease in altitude increases fuel consumption
3. Difficulty breathing with mask on
II. ECS temperature control failure 22.214.171.124.1.1
A. Indications: cockpit too hot or too cold
1. Cabin temperature too hot or cold in relation to temperature setting
2. No response to temperature control in AUTO or MANUAL